Advanced search for items GradeLevel: 'Secondary' in site, sorted by Order
Found 5 results. Showing results 1 to 5.
- Welcome to PLT Online Course Discover the benefits of Project Learning Tree in this FREE online course. Learn how we have been helping students and educators for 40 years. Our positive impact lies in our award-winning supplemental curriculum materials, our extensive network, and our hands on professional development experiences. Score: � Table of contents
- GreenSchools Online Course Complete this online course for tips on starting a GreenSchools program, how to obtain equipment and collect data, and ways to empower your students to design and lead an action project. In this self-paced online workshop (approximately 6 hours), you will: Get an introduction to PLT’s GreenSchools program Learn how to effectively engage your students in conducting each of the five investigations (Energy, School Site, Waste and Recycling, Score: � Table of contents
- GreenSchools Investigations PLT's GreenSchools program inspires students to take personal responsibility for improving the environment at their school, at home, and in their community. Student-led Green Teams apply STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) to create greener and healthier schools - and save schools money! Five hands-on, student-driven investigations are at the heart of PLT's GreenSchools program. Get PLT's GreenSchools Investigations in a single spiral-bound, Score: � Table of contents
- Exploring Environmental Issues: Biodiversity In this Project Learning Tree high school module, students learn that decisions about growth and development, energy use and water quality, and even human health, all rest to some extent on perspectives about biodiversity. Educators and students step back from biodiversity issues and specific species to examine broader concepts and larger connections—not just biological, but political, cultural, ethical, and economic as well. Score: � Table of contents
- Exploring Environmental Issues: Focus on Risk Biotechnology Supplement Teaching biotechnology in the classroom can be a wonderful way to increase student interest in science and technology while at the same time showcasing what biotechnology can do for us, and how much it is part of our everyday lives. Project Learning Tree’s Biotechnology module is designed for high school and community college educators in the fields of Biology, Environmental Science, Social Studies, and Agriculture. A special effort has Score: � Table of contents